Abolition Scotland is a movement of Christian organisations and individuals which seeks the end of human trafficking and exploitation in Scotland. As a Christian movement, prayer is central to our efforts to abolish human trafficking. Through raising awareness in our communities and churches of the existence of human trafficking we hope to equip individuals to respond accordingly.
We seek to mobilise prayer and action in order to bring about the end of such exploitation, both in Scotland and elsewhere. We also hope to encourage those with political power to exercise their influence to effect the changes required to end this terrible practice.
The campaign is supported by:
- Care for Scotland
- Evangelical Alliance Scotland
- International Justice Mission UK
- Glasgow House of Prayer
Abolition Scotland seeks to end all forms of Human Trafficking in Scotland and beyond. We do this by engaging our grassroots movement with the politicians who make our laws. Specifically we:
- Campaign in support of all pieces of legislation that will tackle human trafficking and sexual exploitation. We have, therefore, supported Jenny Marra MSP’s proposed Human Trafficking (Scotland) Bill and previously supported Rhoda Grant MSP’s Criminalisation of the Purchase of Sex (Scotland) Bill. We do this without fear or favour to any MSP, political party or government.
- Meet with MSPs to raise awareness of this issue
- Help provide resources for people to contact their local MSPs and respond to consultations
- Promote the work of Abolition Scotland in the Scottish media
We can offer to you the following for your church to help you further engage the issue of human trafficking:
- A visiting team to teach how the biblical story demands that we challenge human trafficking
- Provision of biblical and prayerful resources for your church leader, small groups or individuals on the topic
- Showing of Nefarious: Merchant of Souls a film that highlights the horror and global nature of the problem of sex trafficking